Overview of the Dewalt Drill – DCD800P1
The Dewalt DCD800P1 is a highly efficient tool, designed for professional-grade performance. It features a 20V MAX* XR® Brushless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver, capable of producing a high output, with speeds reaching up to 2,000 rpm when drilling into wood and metal.
- Power: With the ability to complete challenging projects, this device offers up to 40% more UWO** compared to the DCD791B when using a DCB205 battery (sold separately).
- Compact Size: Its compact size of 6.37 inches allows easy access to hard-to-reach work areas. It is 1/2 inch shorter in length compared to the DCD791.
- High Bit Retention: It provides high bit retention with its 1/2 inch metal ratcheting chuck.
- High Speed and Control: It features a high-speed transmission with variable trigger and 2 speed settings (0-650/0-2,000 rpm).
- Lighting: It comes with an adjustable 3-Position, 3 Mode LED with up to 70 Lumens, including an LED spotlight mode with a 20-minute shutoff function for extended work time in low-light spaces.
- Tool Tracking: The Drill/Driver chip pocket accepts Tool Connect™ chip DCE042 and connects with Tool Connect™ Site Manager app for seamless worksite asset management (DCE042 sold separately).
- DCD800 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver
- DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah Battery
- DCB112 Charger
- Kit Bag
- Belt Hook
This professional-grade power tool is perfect for demanding drilling and fastening projects. It is lightweight and well-balanced, designed to help users comfortably work in tight spaces for extended periods of time. The package includes a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery, charger, belt hook and a durable bag for portability.
|20V MAX* XR® Brushless
|3-Position, 3 Mode LED with up to 70 Lumens
|1 Drill/Driver, 1 Battery, 1 Charger, 1 Kit Bag, 1 Belt Hook
Overview of the Dewalt Drill – DCD991P2
The Dewalt DCD991P2 is a robust and versatile tool, optimized for a variety of applications. It features a 20V MAX* XR® Lithium Ion Brushless Premium 3-Speed Drill/Driver, offering high power and efficiency, with a performance that is up to 57% more run time over brushed models.
- High Performance Transmission: It features a 3-speed, all-metal high performance transmission to optimize tool-to-task for fast application speeds and improved run-time.
- Efficient Motor: Powered by a DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor that delivers up to 57% more run time over brushed models.
- Superior Bit Gripping Strength: It comes with a heavy-duty 1/2″ ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength.
- Powerful Lighting: It has a 3-Mode LED that provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20X brighter than the previous model. The LED spotlight mode features a 20-minute shutoff function for extended work time in dark or confined spaces.
- DCD991 – 20V MAX* XR® Lithium Ion Brushless Premium 3-Speed Drill/Driver
- 2x DCB205 – 20V MAX* XR® High Capacity Li-Ion Batteries (5.0Ah)
- Belt Hook
- 360° Side Handle
This versatile power tool is perfect for a variety of applications. Equipped with a 3-speed transmission to optimize performance, it also features an LED spotlight mode with 20-minute auto-shutoff to boost productivity in dark spaces. The kit includes two 20V MAX* XR® 5Ah batteries, a charger, a 360° Side Handle, and a durable kitbox for portability on the jobsite.
|20V MAX* XR® Brushless
|1/2″ Ratcheting Nitro-Carburized Metal Chuck
|3-Mode LED up to 20X brighter
|1 Drill/Driver, 2 Batteries, 1 Charger, 1 Belt Hook, 1 Side Handle, 1 Kitbox
Summary of Specifications for DCD800P1 and DCD991P2
|No Load Speed (RPM)
|0-650 / 0-2,000 rpm
|Max. Watts Out
User reviews of DCD800P1
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD800P1
- Users highly recommend the DCD800P1 for its excellent build and powerful performance.
- The drill is noted for its great torque, surpassing older models from other brands.
- Users from professional backgrounds, such as Fleet engineers at General Motors, find it indispensable for daily use and are amazed at its power and resilience.
- The battery life is commendable, with users finding it difficult to wear it down, even during prolonged usage.
- The DCD800P1 is appreciated for its unique features like an adjustable light and a metal chuck, which most users prefer for durability.
- The compact size of the tool is beneficial for users, allowing them to work efficiently, even in tight spaces.
- Despite its heavy-duty nature, users find that it doesn’t overheat during operation.
- Users find it to be a reliable, contractor-grade tool that’s worth the price.
- Many users have reported that they are very happy with the product.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD800P1
- Some users have identified issues with the gearbox, stating that it produces a troubling sound during operation.
- Concerns were noted about the chuck, with some customers finding it less efficient than cheaper corded alternatives they have used previously.
User reviews of DCD991P2
Summary of Positive Reviews for DCD991P2
- Many users appreciate the power and torque that the DCD991P2 provides, with some noting its ability to handle high-torque tasks like mixing mortar and drilling through ice.
- The three-speed transmission is another praised feature, enabling users to select the correct torque for their specific application.
- Users point out the long-lasting battery life, and appreciate the inclusion of two batteries in the kit.
- Many users found the LED light useful for working in low-light conditions, and the automatic shut-off function to be intuitive.
- Users also value the DCD991P2’s solid build and balance, despite some minor build quality issues.
- The majority of customers highlight the convenience of the cordless feature and the drill’s overall efficiency in performing various tasks.
- Some users were impressed by the rugged, well-made chuck and the comfort of the grip.
- The hard case included in the kit is appreciated for the protection it offers, although some users wished it had more space for accessories.
Summary of Critical Reviews for DCD991P2
- Several users have reported issues with the drill’s chuck, such as it jamming, not turning easily, or bits falling out.
- Users were dissatisfied with the electronic torque control, preferring the older mechanical system for better reliability.
- Some users experienced issues with the speed selector, mentioning that it sometimes refused to switch to the desired speed.
- There were complaints about the overall build quality, with users noting that the tool feels flimsy and has too many plastic components.
- Concerns were raised about the batteries’ longevity and charging capacity, with few mentions of them failing after a short period of use.
- A few users mentioned receiving damaged cases or missing parts, such as screwdriver bits.
- Several users expressed discontent with the Dewalt warranty service, claiming it was ineffective and costly.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD800P1
|Excellent build and powerful performance.
|Issues with the gearbox, producing a troubling sound during operation.
|Greater torque than older models from other brands.
|Chuck less efficient than cheaper corded alternatives.
|Highly recommended by professionals, such as Fleet engineers at General Motors.
|Long battery life, difficult to wear down even during prolonged usage.
|Unique features like an adjustable light and a metal chuck.
|Compact size allows efficient work in tight spaces.
|Doesn’t overheat during operation.
|Reliable, contractor-grade tool that’s worth the price.
|Many users are very happy with the product.
Pros/Cons of DCD991P2
|Powerful with the ability to handle high-torque tasks like mixing mortar and drilling through ice.
|Issues reported with the drill’s chuck, such as jamming, not turning easily, or bits falling out.
|Three-speed transmission allows users to select the appropriate torque.
|Dissatisfaction with the electronic torque control, with users preferring the older mechanical system.
|Long-lasting battery life with two batteries included in the kit.
|Issues with the speed selector, sometimes refusing to switch to the desired speed.
|LED light useful for working in low-light conditions with an automatic shut-off function.
|Complaints about the overall build quality, with the tool feeling flimsy due to many plastic components.
|Solid build and balance, despite minor quality issues.
|Concerns about the batteries’ longevity and charging capacity, with instances of failure after short use.
|Convenience of the cordless feature and the drill’s overall efficiency in performing various tasks.
|Some users received damaged cases or missing parts, such as screwdriver bits.
|Rugged, well-made chuck and comfortable grip.
|Discontent expressed about the Dewalt warranty service, claiming it was ineffective and costly.
|The hard case included in the kit offers protection for the tool.
In conclusion, both the Dewalt DCD800P1 and DCD991P2 drills are robust and efficient tools designed for professional-grade performance. The choice between the two largely depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. The DCD800P1 with its compact size and high speed control might be suitable for users working in tight spaces, while the DCD991P2 with its 3-speed transmission and superior bit gripping strength can be the go-to tool for heavy-duty tasks. It is recommended to thoroughly review the specifications, features, and inclusions of each model before making a purchase decision.