Overview of Dewalt DCD708C2 Drill
The Dewalt DCD708C2 is a compact and lightweight drill, designed to fit into tight spaces and reduce user fatigue. It measures only 6.3 inches from front to back and weighs just 2.4 lbs, making it ideal for prolonged use in various settings.
This drill is equipped with a range of features that ensure its efficiency and convenience. Among these is a variable speed trigger that provides control and precision on delicate work surfaces, a DEWALT-built brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime, and a 1/2 inch ratcheting chuck which guarantees superior bit gripping strength. Furthermore, it possesses 340 UWO of power, delivering the required performance to get the job done.
It also includes a beneficial LED foot light, providing superior visibility, particularly in darker work areas.
The DCD708C2 kit comes inclusive of:
- (1) DCD708 20V MAX* Brushless Compact 1/2 in Drill/Driver
- (2) 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Batteries
- (1) DCB107 Charger
- (1) Carrying Bag
- (1) Belt Clip
The following table summarizes the key features and inclusions of the DCD708C2:
|Compact and Lightweight (2.4 lbs)
|1 x DCD708 20V MAX* Brushless Compact 1/2 in Drill/Driver
|Variable Speed Trigger
|2 x 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Batteries
|1 x DCB107 Charger
|1/2 inch Ratcheting Chuck
|1 x Carrying Bag
|340 UWO Power
|1 x Belt Clip
Finally, the DCD708C2 drill comes with a 3-year limited warranty, offering peace of mind with your purchase.
Overview of Dewalt DCD701F2 Drill
The Dewalt DCD701F2 is a powerful and compact drill driver, delivering 32% more power than its counterparts and being 20% shorter. It weighs only 1.9 lbs (tool only), making it a lightweight option for various drilling applications.
This drill driver is designed with a brushless motor that ensures efficient performance and runtime. It is fitted with a 3/8 inch ratcheting chuck that accommodates a wide variety of bits. The 2-speed transmission and 15 clutch settings allow for a diverse range of applications, providing users with flexibility and control.
Similar to the DCD708C2, the DCD701F2 also includes an LED foot light to provide superior visibility in darker workspaces.
The DCD701F2 kit comes with the following items:
- (1) DCD701B – 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in Drill Driver
- (2) DCB122 – 12V MAX* Batteries With State of Charge Indicator
- (1) 12V MAX* – 20V MAX† Charger
- (1) Belt Clip
- (1) Tool Bag
The following table summarizes the key features and inclusions of the DCD701F2:
|32% More Power
|1 x DCD701B – 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in Drill Driver
|2 x DCB122 – 12V MAX* Batteries With State of Charge Indicator
|1 x 12V MAX* – 20V MAX† Charger
|3/8 inch Ratcheting Chuck
|1 x Belt Clip
|1 x Tool Bag
The DCD701F2 drill is performance packed and ideal for precision tasks such as drilling small pilot holes. Its compact size and power make it a top choice for various applications.
Summary Specifications of Dewalt DCD708C2 and DCD701F2 Drills
|No Load Speed (RPM)
This table summarizes the specifications of both the Dewalt DCD708C2 and DCD701F2 drills, providing a clear comparison between the two models. Both drills are cordless, brushless, and include an LED light for enhanced visibility. The DCD708C2 operates at a higher voltage, while the DCD701F2 is lighter and more compact.
User reviews of DCD708C2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD708C2
- The product is appreciated for its well-balanced design and useful light feature.
- The drill driver set has a good range of speed and torque.
- Many users comment positively on the long-lasting battery life.
- Users love its compact size, which makes it easy to handle.
- The product has been described as durable and economical.
- Consumers applaud the product’s power, considering its compact size.
- Many users appreciate its value for money aspect, calling it a ‘great tool’.
- It’s lighter than previous models, making it convenient to use.
- The dual speed feature and long battery life are also praised by users.
- Finally, the inclusion of a non-bulky case/bag and a belt hook are appreciated for their practicality.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD708C2
- Some customers have reported receiving used products advertised as new, indicating possible quality control issues.
- There are complaints about the drill not generating enough torque, causing the tool to stop working while drilling through hardwood.
- Certain customers expressed disappointment over the product’s production date, expecting a newer model.
- While some users found the electronic brake to be less harsh than other models, others criticized the chuck for not gripping drill bits securely enough.
- Several users experienced issues with the battery life, stating that it does not last long and requires frequent recharging.
- The chuck of the tool was a major point of criticism, with users finding it difficult to keep the bits secure while in use.
- Some users reported that one of the batteries that came with the drill would not charge.
- Many users expressed dissatisfaction with the lack of a charge indicator on the batteries and the limited space in the carry bag.
- Finally, the size of the chuck was a problem for some users, as they found it to be too small and difficult to handle when inserting a drill bit.
User reviews of DCD701F2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD701F2
- Its compact and lightweight design is praised by many users, making it easy to maneuver and comfortable for home use.
- Users are satisfied with its power, stating it’s more than enough for their needs, including working on guitars and large home projects.
- It’s been noted for its excellent battery life and the convenience of having two batteries.
- Users appreciate it for its ability to drill holes effectively and even double up as a screwdriver.
- Many users found it to be well-made and a testament to DeWalt’s reputation for quality tools.
- One user mentioned that it was recommended by Wirecutter because it’s powerful and comfortable to use.
- Some users expressed their wish for it to use a 20v battery, but appreciated that it uses the same charger as other DeWalt products.
- Overall, users expressed satisfaction with their purchase, with several simply stating “Good,” “Love it,” and “Works fine.”
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD701F2
- Several users have reported problems with the drill’s chuck unscrewing and detaching during use.
- Some users have criticized DeWalt’s customer service, noting long wait times and inefficient case handling.
- A few users experienced motor failures after only a year of light household use, which is seen as unacceptable.
- Issues have been reported with the power of the drill, with it occasionally ceasing operation during use.
- Complaints have been made about the charger that comes with the drill, with instances of it failing to charge adequately.
- There have been issues with the batteries, including some not holding charge and others being defective on arrival.
- One user received the product with a torn carrying bag, which was one of the reasons they chose this drill.
- There have been instances of the drill chuck not securely holding bits, even after tightening.
- Despite positive reviews, some users have had to return the drill due to its inability to perform tasks satisfactorily.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD708C2
|Well-balanced design and useful light feature.
|Quality control issues – customers reported receiving used products.
|Good range of speed and torque.
|Insufficient torque – drill stops working while drilling through hardwood.
|Long-lasting battery life.
|Issues with battery life – requires frequent recharging.
|Compact size, easy to handle.
|Production date – customers expected a newer model.
|Durable and economical.
|Chuck issues – does not grip drill bits securely enough.
|Good power for a compact size.
|Battery issues – one of the batteries would not charge.
|Value for money.
|Lack of a charge indicator on the batteries.
|Lighter than previous models.
|Limited space in the carry bag.
|Dual speed feature.
|Chuck size – users found it to be too small and hard to handle.
|Non-bulky case/bag and a belt hook for practicality.
Pros/Cons of DCD701F2
|Compact and lightweight design, easy to maneuver and comfortable for home use.
|Problems with the drill’s chuck unscrewing and detaching during use.
|Powerful, more than enough for various needs.
|Long wait times and inefficient case handling by DeWalt’s customer service.
|Excellent battery life and the convenience of having two batteries.
|Motor failures after only a year of light household use.
|Ability to drill holes effectively and double up as a screwdriver.
|Occasional ceasing of operation due to power issues.
|Well-made and a testament to DeWalt’s reputation for quality tools.
|Issues with the charger failing to charge adequately.
|Uses the same charger as other DeWalt products.
|Problems with the batteries not holding charge or being defective on arrival.
|Overall user satisfaction with statements like “Good,” “Love it,” and “Works fine.”
|Received product with a torn carrying bag.
|Drill chuck not securely holding bits, even after tightening.
|Had to return the drill due to its inability to perform tasks satisfactorily.
In conclusion, both the Dewalt DCD708C2 and DCD701F2 drills offer significant benefits to users. The DCD708C2 is a versatile and compact tool, ideal for a variety of tasks, while the DCD701F2, being even more compact and lightweight, is perfect for precision tasks. Both drills are cordless, providing freedom of movement, and include an LED light for enhanced visibility. Ultimately, the choice between these two drills will depend on your specific needs and the type of tasks you frequently undertake. Remember to consider factors such as power, size, weight, and features when making your decision.