If you are looking for reliable power tools, you may have come across Craftsman drills. But who makes Craftsman drills and what makes them so popular? In this article, we will take an in-depth look at the Craftsman brand and discover who makes Craftsman drills. We will explore the history, technology, and reliability of Craftsman drills, and see why they are a popular choice for DIYers and professionals alike.
Overview of Craftsman Drills
Craftsman drills are power tools that are used to bore into various materials. The most popular Craftsman drill is the cordless drill, which provides the convenience of drilling without needing to be connected to an electrical source. Craftsman drills are made by various manufacturers and come in a range of sizes, from small handheld drills to larger drills for heavier-duty projects. Craftsman drills are well-known for their durability and dependability, making them a favorite among both professional and DIY users.
Craftsman cordless drills come in both brushless and brushed models, allowing users to choose the best drill for their project. Brushless drills are more powerful and offer better performance with longer battery life. Brushed drills are lighter and cheaper, making them ideal for lighter-duty projects. Craftsman cordless drills also come in different voltage levels, ranging from 12V to 20V, with higher voltage drills providing more power.
Craftsman also offers a wide range of accessories for cordless drills, such as drill bits, drill chucks, drill stands, and more. This allows users to customize their Craftsman drill for different projects and needs. Craftsman drills also come with a warranty, so users can trust that their drill will perform as expected.
Overall, Craftsman drills are an excellent option for those looking for high-quality, dependable, and versatile cordless drills. Whether you’re a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast, Craftsman drills are sure to meet your needs. If you’re wondering who makes Craftsman cordless drills, the answer is that it varies depending on the model.
Who Makes Craftsman Drills?
The Craftsman brand is well-known for its quality power and hand tools. But who actually manufactures them? Here’s a closer look at who makes Sears cordless drills and other Craftsman products:
- Black & Decker – Black & Decker manufactures Craftsman’s power tools, including drills, saws, and sanders.
- Stanley – Stanley manufactures Craftsman’s hand tools, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers.
- Tekton – Tekton manufactures Craftsman’s air tools, such as air hoses, air hammers, and air ratchets.
- Campbell Hausfeld – Campbell Hausfeld manufactures Craftsman’s air compressors.
Craftsman drills are known for their durability and precision. Whether you’re a DIYer or a professional contractor, Craftsman drills offer the best in power and performance. With the knowledge of who makes Craftsman drills, you can be sure you’re getting a quality product with every purchase.
Types of Craftsman Drills
Corded drills are the most reliable and powerful type of drill. They are ideal for tough jobs and are capable of drilling through tough materials like concrete and steel.
Cordless drills are popular because of their convenience and portability. They are powered by rechargeable batteries and can be used in places where a corded drill is not practical.
Hammer drills are designed for drilling into masonry and concrete. They are equipped with a hammer mechanism that provides a rapid hammering action to the bit, which helps to break up the material being drilled into.
Impact drivers are powerful tools designed for fastening screws and bolts. They use a high-torque motor to drive the bit into the material, making them ideal for driving large fasteners into hard materials.
Rotary hammers are powerful tools used for drilling into concrete and masonry. They use a combination of rotation and hammering action to break up the material being drilled into.
Right-angle drills are designed for drilling into tight spaces where a straight drill is not practical. They have a right-angle head that allows the bit to be positioned at a 90-degree angle to the workpiece.
Who Makes Craftsman Cordless Drills?
CRAFTSMAN is one of the most well-known and respected brands in the power tools industry. Their tools are used by professionals and DIYers alike. But who makes Craftsman drills?
- Craftsman drills are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker, the parent company of Craftsman.
- Stanley Black & Decker has a long history of producing quality power tools and has been in business since 1843.
- The Craftsman brand was acquired by Stanley Black & Decker in 2017, and since then, they have been using their expertise to create durable, reliable power tools under the Craftsman name.
- Stanley Black & Decker has a wide range of Craftsman cordless drills available, including the popular 20V MAX, 18V, and 12V models.
- The company also produces corded drills, as well as other power tools such as saws, sanders, and grinders.
Craftsman drills are widely available and can be found in stores and online. Their tools are known for their durability and reliability, and are backed by a generous warranty. With a wide range of models available, you can find the perfect Craftsman drill for any job. Whether you’re a professional or a DIYer, Craftsman drills are sure to get the job done.
Who Makes Sears Cordless Drills?
Cordless drills are a popular tool in the DIY and craftsman market. Several major tool manufacturers make cordless drills for the Craftsman brand. These include:
The Craftsman brand of cordless drills are designed to provide users with the power, versatility and reliability they need when completing their projects. The Craftsman brand offers a variety of features such as variable speed settings, ergonomic grips and powerful torque for increased productivity. The brand offers models for both professional and amateur users. Craftsman cordless drills are available in both 12-volt and 18-volt configurations, providing users with the power they need for most applications.
Quality of Craftsman Drills
Durability: Craftsman drills are made with durable materials and components, making them reliable and long-lasting. They are built to withstand heavy-duty use and can handle tough drilling jobs.
Performance: Craftsman drills are designed to be powerful and efficient, offering high performance for demanding drilling tasks. They are equipped with powerful motors and advanced features that make them ideal for a variety of drilling applications.
Design: Craftsman drills are designed for ergonomic use, making them easy to handle and comfortable to use. They feature soft-grip handles and adjustable speed settings, allowing users to customize the drill’s performance to suit their needs.
- Variable speed control
- Reversible design
- Ergonomic handle design
- Built-in LED light
- Integrated dust blower
- Quick-release chuck
Craftsman drills offer a wide range of features that make them ideal for various drilling tasks. They are equipped with variable speed control, reversible design, ergonomic handle design, built-in LED light, integrated dust blower and quick-release chuck, making them a versatile tool for any job.
Pros and Cons of Craftsman Drills
- High quality build and materials
- Wide range of models with different features and price points
- A variety of accessories to choose from
- Competitively priced
- Good warranty
- Some models may be too heavy for some users
- Some components can be difficult to locate
- Can be difficult to get parts for older models
- Some models may be too loud for some users
Craftsman is a trusted name in power tools, and the company has been producing drills for decades. The drills are made by a variety of manufacturers, including Stanley Black & Decker, Hitachi, Skil, and Bosch. Craftsman drills are available in both corded and cordless models, and they come in a range of sizes and types.
The Craftsman line of drills is a good choice for the DIYer who needs reliable and powerful tools. Craftsman drills are durable, high-quality tools that are designed to last. They are backed by a limited lifetime warranty, so you can rest assured that your purchase is protected.
|Manufacturer||Craftsman Drills||Craftsman Cordless Drills||Sears Cordless Drills|
|Stanley Black & Decker||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Whether you need a corded or cordless drill, Craftsman has the right tool for the job. With a wide selection of sizes and types available, you can be sure to find the perfect drill for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Drills Does Craftsman Produce?
Craftsman produces a wide range of drills, from cordless and corded drills to impact drivers and hammer drills. They are available in different sizes, shapes, and power ratings, making them suitable for a variety of tasks. Craftsman also produces a range of drill accessories, such as drill bits, drill chucks, and impact sockets.
How Long Has Craftsman Been Producing Drills?
Craftsman has been producing drills since 1927. The brand is one of the most popular and well-known tool brands in the world. It is known for its quality, durability, and variety of products.
- In 1927, Craftsman tools were first introduced to the public.
- In 1934, Craftsman launched their first cordless drill.
- In 1938, Craftsman launched their first electric drill.
- In 1953, Craftsman developed the first portable drill.
- In 1979, Craftsman released their first cordless hammer drill.
- In 1985, Craftsman released their first cordless drill with a keyless chuck.
- In 1990, Craftsman released their first cordless drill with a brushless motor.
- In 1997, Craftsman released their first cordless drill with an adjustable torque clutch.
Since then, Craftsman has continued to innovate and improve upon their drills, offering a wide range of products that meet the needs of professional and amateur users alike.
What makes Craftsman Drills Unique from Other Brands?
- Durability: Craftsman drills are known for their durability and long-lasting performance. They are built with heavy-duty materials and are designed to stand up to the toughest jobs.
- Power: Craftsman drills offer powerful motors and high-torque settings, making them ideal for a variety of applications.
- Ergonomics: Craftsman drills are designed with ergonomic handles and grips, making them comfortable and easy to use.
- Versatility: Craftsman drills are designed to be versatile and can be used for a variety of drilling applications, from drilling into metal to drilling into wood.
- Innovative Design: Craftsman drills feature innovative designs and technology, allowing them to be used for a wide range of applications.
What safety features does Craftsman drills offer?
Craftsman drills are designed with safety in mind. They offer several features to help protect users from accidents and injury, including:
- Two-finger trigger: Craftsman drills come with a two-finger trigger, which ensures that the user does not accidentally start the drill. This helps prevent injury and property damage due to accidental contact with the drill.
- Lock-on switch: The lock-on switch allows the user to lock the trigger in place, so that the drill can be used without having to continuously hold the trigger. This feature helps to prevent fatigue, as well as accidental contact.
- Safety clutch: Craftsman drills are equipped with a safety clutch, which helps to prevent the drill bit from slipping and damaging the material or the user. The safety clutch engages when the drill encounters resistance, reducing the risk of injury.
- Electronic speed control: Craftsman drills are equipped with an electronic speed control feature, which helps to keep the drill running at a consistent speed. This helps to prevent the drill from running too fast and damaging the material or the user.
- Overload protection: Craftsman drills are equipped with overload protection, which helps to prevent the drill from overheating and burning out. This helps to protect the motor from damage, and prevents the user from being injured by a hot drill.
These features help to make Craftsman drills some of the safest and most reliable on the market.
Are Craftsman Drills Compatible with Other Brands’ Accessories?
Craftsman drills are compatible with many other brands’ accessories. The compatibility can vary depending on the specific model and type of accessory, but the majority of Craftsman drills are designed to accept standard drill and driver bits, as well as other commonly used attachments and accessories. Craftsman also offers its own line of accessories, which are designed to be compatible with their drills.
Craftsman drills are a great investment for the DIY enthusiast and professional alike. With its wide array of features, quality construction, and affordability, the Craftsman drill is sure to provide a reliable and satisfying experience. The company behind the product, Stanley Black & Decker, is well-known for producing reliable and high-quality tools, making Craftsman drills a great choice for any job.