Overview of DCD710S2
The DEWALT DCD710S2 12V MAX* 3/8-Inch Drill Driver Kit is primarily recognized for its compact and lightweight design. With a length of just 7-1/2 inches and a weight of 2.4 pounds, it is specifically designed to fit into tight spaces where traditional drill/drivers may not reach, making it a versatile tool for various applications.
The drill driver comes with a two-speed transmission, allowing for optimal speed and torque control. It is equipped with a single LED light mounted radially around the barrel, which provides visibility in darker working areas, eliminating shadows and enhancing user safety. For added convenience, the drill driver includes a belt hook, contributing to its portability.
The DCD710S2 Drill Driver Kit comes with a variety of accessories, including:
- 1 DCD710 3/8 in Drill/Driver
- 2 12V MAX* Lithium Ion Battery Packs
- 1 Fast Charger
- 1 Belt Hook
- 1 Contractor Bag
The kit offers a 15-position clutch with a two-speed gearbox, ensuring precise control for the user. The battery packs provided are quick-charging and long-lasting, with a recharge time between 30 minutes to 1 hour, minimizing downtime and increasing work efficiency.
Further enhancing its value, the tool comes with a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Overview of DCD708C2
The DEWALT DCD708C2 ATOMIC™ 20V MAX* 1/2 in. Drill/Driver distinguishes itself through its compact and lightweight design, along with powerful performance. Measuring only 6.3 inches from front to back and weighing a mere 2.4 lbs, it is engineered to fit into tight spaces, making it a convenient tool for various drilling applications.
This drill/driver features a variable speed trigger that enables control and precision on delicate work surfaces. It is powered by a DEWALT built brushless motor, ensuring efficient performance and runtime. It also includes a 1/2 in. ratcheting chuck for better bit gripping strength. With a power of 340 UWO, it is designed to help you get the job done efficiently.
Furthermore, the drill/driver is equipped with an LED foot light aiming to provide superior visibility in dark working areas. For increased comfort, balance, and tool control, the handle is ergonomically designed. It also includes a removable belt hook for added convenience.
The DCD708C2 Drill/Driver Kit includes the following:
- 1 DCD708 20V MAX* Brushless Compact 1/2 in Drill/Driver
- 2 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Batteries
- 1 DCB107 Charger
- 1 Carrying Bag
- 1 Belt Clip
The kit is designed for user convenience and is backed by a 3-year limited warranty, ensuring a reliable and trustworthy purchase.
Comparison of DCD710S2 and DCD708C2 Specs
|No Load Speed (RPM)
|Uncertainty K2 (Vibration)
User reviews of DCD710S2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD710S2
- The drill is particularly appreciated for its light weight and compact size, making it easy to handle, even for extended periods.
- Users applaud the impressive battery life, with some mentioning that it lasts several months for household projects, and even after being idle for a month, it retains charge.
- Its power and torque are commended, with users reporting that it handles tasks like drilling holes, running cables, and screwing bolts with ease.
- Many users mention its convenient features like the belt clip, rubber bumpers, and LED light, despite some users finding the light placement unhelpful.
- The drill is also praised for its durability, with some users noting that it remains efficient after years of use.
- It’s also considered a great tool for a range of tasks, from light home projects to extensive farm operations.
- The ergonomic design and balance are appreciated, reducing fatigue during long periods of use.
- One minor criticism is that the chuck doesn’t close to 0″, limiting the use of smaller bits.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD710S2
- Many users have reported dissatisfaction with the battery life of the drill, stating that it runs out quickly, sometimes in a matter of minutes, even when performing light tasks.
- The chuck of the drill has also been criticized for not holding drill bits securely, leading to frequent slippage and disruptions during work. Some users also found the chuck to have excessive run-out, causing visible wobbling of the drill bits.
- Although the light weight and compact size of the drill were seen as benefits in positive reviews, some users found these characteristics to be a hindrance, stating that the drill lacks in power and torque due to its small size.
- Several users found the lack of a bit holder on the drill to be inconvenient, requiring them to purchase a third-party add-on.
- The drill’s clutch has been criticized for being noisy and for having too many positions, making it unnecessarily fussy to adjust.
- Some users also reported that the drill started showing signs of wear and tear, such as the clutch starting to whine, after only a few months of use.
User reviews of DCD708C2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD708C2
- Users appreciate the well-balanced nature of the DCD708C2 drill and find the light feature to be a useful touch.
- Many users love how compact the drill is, making it easier to handle and use.
- The drill is described as offering a good range of speed and torque, which users find advantageous for various tasks.
- Some users upgraded to a larger, more powerful model and found the extra cost to be worth it due to increased sturdiness and functionality.
- Customers tend to prefer Dewalt power tools, indicating a high level of brand loyalty.
- The drill, batteries, and charger combo is noted as offering great value compared to other offers in the market.
- Users have found the compact size and power of the drill to be perfect for numerous projects.
- The drill is lighter than other models, which users find beneficial. The dual speeds and long-lasting batteries are also appreciated.
- Despite being slightly heavy for overhead tasks, the drill offers great power, long battery life, and good torque, which users appreciate.
- The product is confirmed to be a 20V cordless, compact, Max Atomic model with a belt hook, providing clarity for potential purchasers.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD708C2
- Several users received the product in a used condition despite being advertised as new, which caused dissatisfaction.
- There were complaints about the drill’s lack of torque, with some users finding it unable to perform tasks like drilling holes in hardwood.
- Some users were unhappy with the product being older than they expected, leading to returns.
- While the DCD708C2 drill was praised for its strength and compactness, some users found its chuck to be of poor quality, not gripping drill bits properly and causing inconvenience during use.
- Battery issues were quite common among complaints, with users mentioning that the battery life was not as long-lasting as expected. In some cases, batteries were not charging at all.
- One major issue was the chuck’s inability to hold onto the work tool securely, leading to the tool bit falling out during use.
- Users were disappointed that the batteries lacked charge indicators, which they felt was a significant oversight in the drill’s design.
- There were problems with the chuck size being too small, causing difficulty in tightening and securing drill bits, and leading to the bits coming loose during use.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD710S2
|Light weight and compact size, easy to handle for extended periods.
|Some users reported dissatisfaction with the battery life, stating it runs out quickly.
|Impressive battery life, lasts several months for household projects and retains charge even after being idle.
|The chuck of the drill does not hold drill bits securely, leading to frequent slippage and disruptions.
|Commendable power and torque, can handle tasks like drilling holes, running cables, and screwing bolts with ease.
|Some users found the light weight and compact size of the drill to be a hindrance, stating that the drill lacks power and torque due to its small size.
|Features like the belt clip, rubber bumpers, and LED light add to its convenience.
|Lack of a bit holder, requiring a third-party add-on.
|Praised for its durability, remains efficient even after years of use.
|The drill’s clutch has been criticized for being noisy and for having too many positions, making it hard to adjust.
|Great tool for a range of tasks, from light home projects to extensive farm operations.
|Signs of wear and tear, such as the clutch starting to whine, manifest after only a few months of use.
|Ergonomic design and balance reduce fatigue during long periods of use.
Pros/Cons of DCD708C2
|Well-balanced nature and useful light feature.
|Several users received the product in a used condition despite being advertised as new.
|Compactness, making it easier to handle and use.
|Lack of torque, with some users finding it unable to perform tasks like drilling holes in hardwood.
|Offers a good range of speed and torque, advantageous for various tasks.
|Product being older than expected, leading to returns.
|Upgrading to a larger, more powerful model leads to increased sturdiness and functionality.
|Poor quality of the chuck, not gripping drill bits properly and causing inconvenience.
|High level of brand loyalty towards Dewalt power tools.
|Issues with the battery life, not as long-lasting as expected. In some cases, batteries were not charging at all.
|Combo of the drill, batteries, and charger offers great value compared to other offers in the market.
|Chuck’s inability to hold onto the work tool securely, leading to the tool bit falling out during use.
|Compact size and power of the drill is perfect for numerous projects.
|Batteries lack charge indicators, a significant oversight in the drill’s design.
|Drill is lighter than other models with dual speeds and long-lasting batteries.
|Problems with the chuck size being too small, causing difficulty in tightening and securing drill bits, and leading to the bits coming loose during use.
|Though slightly heavy for overhead tasks, the drill offers great power, long battery life, and good torque.
|It’s a 20V cordless, compact, Max Atomic model with a belt hook.
In conclusion, both the DEWALT DCD710S2 and DCD708C2 are high-quality drills with their own unique features and specifications. The DCD710S2 offers a compact and lightweight design with a two-speed transmission, making it a suitable choice for tight spaces and various applications. On the other hand, the DCD708C2, with its brushless motor and variable speed trigger, provides efficient performance and precision, ideal for delicate work surfaces. Ultimately, the right product depends on the specific needs and requirements of the user. Both drills assure reliable performance, backed by DEWALT’s trusted warranty.