Overview of Dewalt DCD710S2 Drill
The Dewalt DCD710S2 is a 12V MAX* 3/8-Inch Drill Driver Kit, designed to be lightweight and compact, ensuring minimal downtime and the ability to fit in tight spaces.
- Compact and lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver in smaller spaces.
- Two-speed transmission for optimal speed and torque control.
- LED light that provides visibility in dark areas.
- Belt hook included for easy portability.
- One DCD710 3/8 in Drill/Driver
- Two 12V MAX* Lithium Ion Battery Packs
- One Fast Charger
- One Belt Hook
- One Contractor Bag
The Dewalt DCD710S2’s design features are convenient and user-friendly. At 7-1/2 inches long and 2.4 pounds, the driver is easy to maneuver in smaller spaces. The 3/8-inch chuck accepts bits up to 1 inch. The driver comes with two lithium-ion battery packs, each offering 1.1 Ah, and includes multiple torque settings, variable speeds, and a reverse option.
The drill driver’s 15-position clutch works in conjunction with a two-speed gearbox to give you precise control. The Dewalt DCD710S2 features a built-in belt clip for additional ease of use.
The drill driver kit comes with two 12-volt max lithium-ion battery packs, each with 1.1 Ah. The recharge time of these battery packs is between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
This DEWALT tool comes with a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
|A 12V MAX* 3/8-Inch Drill Driver Kit designed to be lightweight and compact. It includes two lithium-ion battery packs, a fast charger, a belt hook, and a contractor bag. Comes with a three-year limited warranty.
Overview of Dewalt DCD701F2 Drill
The Dewalt DCD701F2 is a 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in Drill Driver represents a compact, performance-packed tool, perfect for precision applications like drilling small pilot holes. The drill is 32% more powerful and 20% shorter than its counterparts, making it a very efficient tool.
- DCD701 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in. Drill Driver.
- 32% more power and 20% shorter for efficiency and convenience.
- Brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime.
- 3/8 in. ratcheting chuck for a wide variety of bits.
- 2-Speed transmission and 15 clutch settings for a variety of applications.
- LED foot light for superior visibility in dark areas.
- Lightweight at 1.9 lbs. (Tool Only)
- Kitted with 2.0 Ah batteries with state of charge indicator.
- One DCD701B – 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in Drill Driver
- Two DCB122 – 12V MAX* Batteries With State of Charge Indicator
- One 12V MAX* – 20V MAX† Charger
- One Belt Clip
- One Tool Bag
This cordless power drill kit includes one 3/8-inch drill/driver, two 12V MAX* 2Ah batteries, charger, and tool bag. It accepts up to a 12-inch spade bit. The drill is compact and performance packed, designed to be precise for applications like drilling small pilot holes. The 2-speed transmission enables it to perform efficiently, and it also features a bright LED positioned light on the foot to illuminate work areas.
|A 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8 in Drill Driver with 32% more power and 20% shorter for efficiency. Includes a 3/8-inch drill/driver, two 2Ah batteries, charger, and tool bag. Features a 2-speed transmission and LED foot light for superior visibility.
Summary of Specifications: DCD710S2 vs DCD701F2
|No Load Speed (RPM)
|Uncertainty K2 (Vibration)
User reviews of DCD710S2
Positive User Reviews Summary for DCD710S2
- Users praise the drill for its great balance and weight, making it ideal for home projects. The battery longevity and placement at the end for better balance are highlighted.
- This drill is perceived as a valuable tool for various uses beyond occasional homeowner use, such as farm and greenhouse operations, thanks to its convenience, comfort, thoughtful design, and impressive torque and battery life.
- Reviewers appreciate the drill’s battery life, and the 1.5 Ah battery is seen as sufficient for most drilling work. The charge time of a little over an hour for a completely drained battery is also noted.
- The drill’s lightness, balance, and performance are highly praised. Users have been able to complete large projects with the drill, and its longevity and cost-effectiveness are also appreciated.
- The drill is commended for its excellent battery life and power, even when used for light to medium tasks. Its low self-discharge rate, lightness, balance, and ease of use are also mentioned.
- The drill’s size is praised for making tasks such as assembling equipment and drilling small holes easier. It’s light, has a lot of torque, and the battery life is long.
- The drill is appreciated for its power, battery life, and ergonomic design. Users find it makes jobs much easier and less tiring, even when used for hours on end.
- Reviewers commend the drill for its long-lasting performance and battery life. They appreciate that the drill retains its charge even after a month of non-use. The drill’s lightness, compactness, and power are also highlighted.
- The drill’s build quality, Lithium Ion batteries, balance, LED light, and ratcheting chuck are praised. The belt clip is appreciated, although some users wish for an onboard bit storage.
- The drill is considered perfect for seniors due to its light weight. It is easy to use, even for tasks above the head.
Critical User Reviews Summary for DCD710S2
- Users criticize the chuck, claiming that it cannot grip small twist drills effectively and often releases bits spontaneously. The LED light is also criticized for being too dim and not focused correctly, while the lack of side clips for bit storage is regretted.
- Battery life is a frequent complaint, with users mentioning that it struggles to last through tasks involving driving screws into wood. The lack of a bit holder is also criticized, although users acknowledge this can be resolved using third-party add-ons.
- One user found that the drill torques severely upon releasing the trigger, potentially ruining precision holes. They also noted significant run-out, causing drill bits to visibly wobble in the chuck.
- A few users were dissatisfied with the battery life, stating that it only lasted minutes before needing to be replaced.
- Some users reported issues with the drill’s durability, mentioning that the clutch started to whine less than two months after purchase.
- There were complaints about the batteries running down quickly, causing frustrations during work.
- Several users reported disappointment with Dewalt’s product quality, citing experiences of worsening run-out issues and the inability to drive small screws into wood.
- One user complained about the drill’s poor performance, mentioning that it failed to drill half a hole into sheet rock before dying. They also criticized the short lifespan of the included batteries.
- A user living abroad expressed disappointment when they received a drill with a non-working battery and faced costly shipping fees for returns or replacements.
- The drill’s performance is criticized for being inferior to other DeWalt non-lithium drill products, with one user stating that the drill could not get a small screw through drywall and into a stud.
User reviews of DCD701F2
Summary of Positive Reviews for DCD701F2
- The product is just the right size and power, meeting the users’ needs perfectly.
- It is versatile as it can be used for diverse tasks such as working on guitars and home projects.
- The drill is efficient at drilling holes, with long-lasting batteries and an additional feature to screw screws.
- It’s compact and easy to maneuver which makes it well suited for a variety of tasks.
- Users appreciate its light weight, making it comfortable for home use. It also offers more power than needed for large projects around the house.
- The drill is highly recommended for its power and comfort during use.
- Long battery life and compact size are appreciated features.
- This drill fits well in users’ hands, which they attribute to superior design.
- Although users wish it used the 20v battery, they appreciate it uses the same charger, reducing the need for multiple chargers.
Summary of Critical Reviews for DCD701F2
- Users have found the customer service from DeWalt to be lacking and inefficient, causing delays in resolving product issues.
- Some users have reported motor failures after only a year of light household use, which is unacceptable for a product of this nature.
- There have been instances of power lulls, where the drill just quits working, even after switching batteries.
- The charger that came with the drill motor has been found to be defective by some users, only providing a very slight charge.
- Some users have received faulty batteries that do not hold charge, impacting the use of the drill.
- Some users have received the product with a torn carrying bag, and the return process required these users to pay postage.
- Some users have reported issues with the drill chuck, which does not hold the bit securely even after tightening.
- Users have experienced issues with the batteries not taking a full charge, and in some cases, the drill stopped working entirely.
- A few users have received bad batteries which would not charge, even after trying different chargers.
- Some users have received drills that performed poorly, unable to complete simple tasks such as screwing in a sheetrock screw.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD710S2
|Great balance and weight
|Chuck cannot grip small twist drills effectively and often releases bits spontaneously
|Valuable for various uses beyond occasional homeowner use
|LED light is too dim and not focused correctly
|Impressive battery life and quick charge time
|Lack of side clips for bit storage
|Lightness, balance, and high performance
|Battery struggles to last through tasks involving driving screws into wood
|Excellent battery life and power for light to medium tasks
|Drill torques severely upon releasing the trigger, potentially ruining precision holes
|Compact size and high torque
|Significant run-out, causing drill bits to visibly wobble in the chuck
|Power, battery life, and ergonomic design
|Short battery life, requiring frequent replacements
|Long-lasting performance, retains charge even after a month of non-use
|Issues with the drill’s durability, clutch starts to whine within two months after purchase
|High build quality, Lithium Ion batteries, balance, LED light, and ratcheting chuck
|Batteries running down quickly, causing frustrations during work
|Perfect for seniors due to its light weight
|Worsening run-out issues and inability to drive small screws into wood
|Poor performance, fails to drill half a hole into sheet rock before dying
|High shipping costs for returns or replacements for users living abroad
|Inferior performance compared to other DeWalt non-lithium drill products
Pros/Cons of DCD701F2
|Right size and power, meeting users’ needs perfectly
|Lacking and inefficient customer service from DeWalt
|Versatility for diverse tasks such as working on guitars and home projects
|Motor failures after only a year of light household use
|Efficient at drilling holes, with long-lasting batteries and an additional feature to screw screws
|Instances of power lulls, where the drill just quits working, even after switching batteries
|Compact and easy to maneuver, well suited for a variety of tasks
|Defective chargers, only providing a very slight charge
|Light weight and powerful, making it comfortable for home use
|Faulty batteries that do not hold charge, impacting the use of the drill
|Highly recommended for its power and comfort during use
|Received product with a torn carrying bag, postage payment required for return process
|Long battery life and compact size
|Issues with the drill chuck, which does not hold the bit securely even after tightening
|Superior design, fits well in users’ hands
|Issues with the batteries not taking a full charge, and in some cases, the drill stopped working entirely
|Uses the same charger as the 20v battery, reducing the need for multiple chargers
|Received bad batteries which would not charge, even after trying different chargers
|Received drills that performed poorly, unable to complete simple tasks such as screwing in a sheetrock screw
In conclusion, choosing the right drill depends largely on your specific needs. Both the Dewalt DCD710S2 and DCD701F2 stand out in their own ways; the DCD710S2 for its compact design and long runtime, while the DCD701F2 for its superior power and shorter design. Both drills come with impressive features and are backed by a reputable brand. Your choice should be based on the specific tasks you want to accomplish, considering factors like power output, speed, and overall tool size.