Overview of DCD710S2
The DCD710S2 12V MAX* 3/8-Inch Drill Driver Kit from DEWALT is a compact and lightweight drill designed to fit into tight spaces and reduce down-time. With its evenly distributed weight of 2.4 pounds, the drill driver is easy to handle. The 15-position clutch is paired with a two-speed gearbox, providing precise control over torque and delivery. The kit includes a DCD710 3/8 -inch cordless power drill/driver, 12V MAX* lithium ion battery packs, a fast charger, belt hook, and a contractor bag.
- Compact, lightweight design fits into tight areas
- Two-speed transmission for optimal speed and torque control
- LED light provides visibility in dark areas
- Belt hook included for portability
Included in the package
- DCD710 3/8 in Drill/Driver
- 12V MAX* Lithium Ion Battery Packs (2)
- Fast Charger
- Belt Hook
- Contractor Bag
The drill driver offers convenient design features like shadow-free LED lighting and a belt clip. The 3/8-inch chuck accepts bits up to 1 inch. The driver comes with two lithium-ion battery packs, each offering 1.1 Ah. The drill driver has multiple torque settings, variable speeds, and a reverse option. The DEWALT tool comes with a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
|Body Length||7-1/2 inches|
|Recharge Time||Between 30 minutes and 1 hour|
Overview of DCD800P1
The DCD800P1 20V MAX* XR® Brushless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver from DEWALT is a professional-grade power tool designed for heavy-duty drilling and fastening applications. With outputs up to 2,000 rpm when drilling into wood and metal, this drill is capable of completing challenging projects with 40% more Unit Watts Out compared to the DEWALT DCD791B. It’s compact, lightweight, and well-balanced design allows users to work comfortably in tight spaces for extended periods of time. The kit includes a DCD800 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver, a DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah battery, a charger, a belt hook, and a kit bag.
- Up to 40% more UWO** vs. the DCD791B using DCB205 battery (sold separately)
- Compact 6.37 in. size is 1/2 in. shorter in length compared to the DCD791, tool head only
- High bit retention with 1/2 in. metal ratcheting chuck
- High-speed transmission with variable trigger and 2 speed settings (0-650/0-2,000 rpm)
- Adjustable 3-Position, 3 Mode LED with up to 70 Lumens
- Optimized performance and runtime
- Drill/Driver chip pocket accepts Tool Connect™ chip DCE042 and connects with Tool Connect™ Site Manager app for seamless worksite asset management (DCE042 sold separately)
Included in the package
- DCD800 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver
- DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah Battery
- DCB112 Charger
- Kit Bag
- Belt Hook
This drill/driver delivers the power and speed needed for heavy-duty drilling and fastening applications. Its high-output brushless motor provides enhanced performance. The 3-position, pivoting LED enhances visibility in dimly lit work areas with its 3 mode settings and up to 70 Lumens of brightness. The kit includes one DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah battery, charger, belt hook and kit bag.
|LED Brightness||Up to 70 Lumens|
Summary of Specifications: DCD710S2 vs DCD800P1
|No Load Speed (RPM)||0-400/1500||0-650 / 0-2,000|
|Battery Capacity||1.5 Ah||5 Ah|
|Product Height||9 in||8.14 in|
|Product Width||16 in||2.5 in|
|Chuck Type||Regular||1/2 in|
|Power Output||180 W||900 W|
|Voltage||12 V||20 V|
|Product Length||N/A||6.37 in|
|Product Weight||N/A||2.82 lbs|
User reviews of DCD710S2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD710S2
- Users appreciate the perfect balance and lightweight design of the drill which allows for easy handling even for seniors.
- Many users have commented on its impressive battery life, with some claiming to use it for hours without the need for a recharge.
- The drill’s compact size is appreciated for tasks around the house and even for professional jobs, and it is considered a convenient tool for home projects.
- Users have noted that the drill provides ample power for most tasks, including drilling through different materials like wood, drywall, and even aluminium.
- Despite its small size, users have found the drill to deliver impressive torque.
- Users have also highlighted the longevity of the drill, with some using it for years without a noticeable decrease in performance.
- Users have praised the comfortable grip and ergonomic design of the drill, which they say reduces fatigue during extensive use.
- The LED light, while not helpful to all, is considered a bonus feature by some users.
- Many users have appreciated the fast recharge time of the batteries.
- Several users have mentioned the added convenience of the belt clip and rubber bumpers.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD710S2
- Several users have reported issues with the drill’s chuck, stating that it frequently releases bits and struggles to hold small twist drills securely.
- Some users are dissatisfied with the battery life, noting that it drains quickly during use, sometimes only lasting a few minutes.
- Users have reported issues with the drill’s power, with some stating that it lacks the power to effectively drill through certain materials or drive screws without a pilot hole.
- A number of users have noted an issue with the drill’s run-out, stating that drill bits noticeably wobble in the chuck.
- Some users have criticized the lack of a bit holder on the drill.
- Several users expressed disappointment over the quality of the product, stating that it does not live up to the DeWalt brand’s reputation.
- Users have noted an issue with the drill’s torque, stating that it torques severely upon release of the trigger, which can ruin precision holes.
- Some users have reported that the drill’s clutch began to whine after a short period of use.
User reviews of DCD800P1
Summary of Positive User Reviews of DCD800P1:
- Highly recommended for its excellent build and strength.
- Typical of DeWalt’s quality construction and powerful performance.
- Superior to other brands like Makita, with a durable metal chuck.
- Impressive power and long-lasting battery life, even under heavy-duty use.
- Doesn’t overheat, maintaining a great balance between size and performance.
- Features an adjustable light and a real chuck, enhancing usability.
- Despite being slightly heavy, its power and battery life make it worth the price.
- Quality is contractor-grade, indicating its high reliability.
- Users claim to be very happy with the product.
Summary of Critical User Reviews of DCD800P1:
- The chuck is wobbly, leading to instability during use.
- The gearbox makes unpleasant noises, suggesting it might be damaging itself.
- The drill might not be an upgrade from cheaper models due to the aforementioned issues.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD710S2
|Perfect balance and lightweight design which allows for easy handling.||Issues with the drill’s chuck frequently releasing bits and struggling to hold small twist drills securely.|
|Impressive battery life that lasts for hours without the need for a recharge.||Quickly draining battery life during use, sometimes only lasting a few minutes.|
|Compact size suitable for tasks around the house and professional jobs.||Lack of power to effectively drill through certain materials or drive screws without a pilot hole.|
|Provides ample power for most tasks, including drilling through different materials like wood, drywall, and aluminium.||Issues with the drill’s run-out, with drill bits noticeably wobbling in the chuck.|
|Delivers impressive torque despite its small size.||Lack of a bit holder on the drill.|
|Longevity of the drill with consistent performance over the years.||Disappointment over the quality of the product not living up to the DeWalt brand’s reputation.|
|Comfortable grip and ergonomic design which reduces fatigue during extensive use.||Severe torquing upon release of the trigger, which can ruin precision holes.|
|LED light feature considered a bonus by some users.||Drill’s clutch begins to whine after a short period of use.|
|Fast recharge time of the batteries.|
|Added convenience of the belt clip and rubber bumpers.|
Pros/Cons of DCD800P1
|Excellent build and strength.||Wobbly chuck leading to instability during use.|
|Typical of DeWalt’s quality construction and powerful performance.||Unpleasant noises from the gearbox suggesting it might be damaging itself.|
|Superior to other brands like Makita, with a durable metal chuck.||Not an upgrade from cheaper models due to the aforementioned issues.|
|Impressive power and long-lasting battery life, even under heavy-duty use.|
|Doesn’t overheat, maintaining a great balance between size and performance.|
|Features an adjustable light and a real chuck, enhancing usability.|
|Despite being slightly heavy, its power and battery life make it worth the price.|
|Quality is contractor-grade, indicating its high reliability.|
|Users claim to be very happy with the product.|
In conclusion, both the DCD710S2 and DCD800P1 drills from DEWALT offer impressive performances. The DCD710S2 is a compact, lightweight drill designed for tight spaces and reduces downtime, while the DCD800P1 is a professional-grade power tool designed for heavy-duty applications with its high-output brushless motor. The choice between the two drills ultimately depends on your specific needs. If you require a lightweight, compact drill for tight spaces, the DCD710S2 is an excellent choice. However, if you need a more powerful drill for heavy-duty applications, the DCD800P1 might be a better fit.