Overview of DCD771C2
The DCD771C2 is a versatile drill/driver kit from Dewalt. Its features are designed to perform excellently in a wide range of applications, making it a great tool for both professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
- Compact, lightweight design that fits into tight areas
- High performance motor that delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability, enabling it to complete a wide range of applications
- High speed transmission offering two speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications
- A 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck for tight bit gripping strength
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and control
- 18V XR Li-Ion compact drill driver featuring XR 1.3Ah Li-Ion battery technology
- (1) DCD771 1/2″ Drill Driver
- (2) 20V Max* Compact Lithium Ion Battery Packs
- (1) Compact Charger
- (1) Contractor Bag
|The DCD771C2 20V max Lithium Ion Compact Cordless Power Drill/Driver Kit is designed to be lightweight and compact, which makes working in tight spaces for long periods of time more manageable. It offers high-speed transmission with 2-speed variations, allowing users to choose the level of performance needed for various applications. The kit comes with (2) 20V MAX* batteries, a charger, and a durable storage bag for easy portability.|
Overview of DCD708C2
The DCD708C2 is another high-performance drill/driver kit from Dewalt that is part of their ATOMIC™ series. It stands out for its compact design, superior power, and advanced features that enhance user control and comfort.
- Compact design at only 6.3 in. front to back, designed to fit in tight spaces
- Lightweight at only 2.4 lbs, reducing user fatigue
- LED foot light for superior visibility in low-light conditions
- Variable speed trigger for control and precision on delicate work surfaces
- DEWALT built brushless motor for efficient performance and runtime
- 1/2 in. ratcheting chuck for superior bit gripping strength
- 340 UWO of power to help get the job done effectively
- (1) DCD708 20V MAX* Brushless Compact 1/2 in Drill/Driver
- (2) 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Batteries
- (1) DCB107 Charger
- (1) Carrying Bag
- (1) Belt Clip
|The DCD708C2 ATOMIC™ 20V MAX* 1/2 in. Drill/Driver offers powerful performance in a compact size. It has a high-performance brushless motor that delivers 340 unit watts outs (UWO). The tool is only 6.3 inch front to back and features an LED for optimum illumination in dark spaces. The handle is ergonomically designed for increased comfort, balance, and easier tool control. It also comes with a removable belt hook. The kit includes two 20V MAX* Lithium Ion batteries, a charger, and a carrying bag. It is backed by a 3-year limited warranty for peace of mind.|
Summary of Specifications
|Chuck Size||0.5 in||N/A|
|No Load Speed (RPM)||0-450-1500||N/A|
|Weight (Including Battery)||4 lbs||N/A|
|Tool Weight||3.6 lbs||N/A|
|Battery Chemistry||XR Li-ion||Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Capacity||1.3 Ah||N/A|
|Power Output||300 W||N/A|
|Uncertainty K1 (Vibration)||1.5 m/s2||N/A|
|Uncertainty K2 (Vibration)||1.5 m/s2||N/A|
|Voltage||20 V||20 V|
|Number of Pieces||1||N/A|
User reviews of DCD771C2
Positive User Reviews Summary of DCD771C2
- Many users appreciate the ergonomic design and lightweight nature of the DeWalt DCD771C2, praising its balance and ease of handling.
- Its high quality and durability are often mentioned, with many users noting its long-lasting performance and sturdy construction.
- It’s appreciated for being user-friendly, especially for beginners or non-DIY individuals. The provided instruction book is found to be straightforward and easy to understand.
- Users commend the longevity of the batteries, as well as the convenience of having two of them provided. Some users also mentioned the efficient charging system, once correctly inserted.
- The variable speed trigger is also appreciated for providing controlled power.
- The built-in light feature is highly praised, as it proves useful in dim working conditions or as a flashlight.
- Many users consider the DCD771C2 as a good value for money, especially when it comes with a bag, charger, and two batteries.
- Users are also impressed with the drill’s power, especially when working on heavy-duty projects.
- The carrying case that comes with the drill is seen as a positive addition, though some users found it unnecessary for their needs.
Critical User Reviews Summary of DCD771C2
- Some users have reported that the drill suddenly stopped working after a certain period of time and found the warranty to be non-existent or not covering the required repairs.
- A few users have mentioned the lack of value in the drill itself, considering the purchase beneficial only due to the inclusion of two batteries.
- Battery life is a common criticism, with users stating it doesn’t last as long as expected, especially when compared to less expensive drills.
- There were complaints about the drill acting as if a bearing was out at times, suggesting possible issues with internal parts.
- Several users noted that the drill does not come with bits and has difficulty drilling into harder woods, making it unsuitable for bigger jobs. It also tends to run hot quickly, requiring rest periods after short use.
- Some users expressed dissatisfaction with the included batteries, stating that they die out quickly even when fully charged.
- The soft bag that comes with the drill was seen as an inconvenience by some users who would have preferred a hard shell case for securely storing the drill, charger, and battery.
- Missing parts upon delivery, such as the 1/2″ chuck, were reported by a few users.
- Some users have had negative experiences with DeWalt’s customer service when attempting to address issues with the drill kit.
- A user found the drill to be quite heavy, which could be a concern for prolonged use or for those who prefer lightweight tools.
User reviews of DCD708C2
Positive User Reviews Summary for DCD708C2
- Users appreciated the balance and functionality of the drill, mentioning its good range of speed, torque, and the additional light feature.
- The compact size of the drill was a recurrent positive aspect, making it handy for various projects and tasks.
- Many users found the power of the drill satisfying, with both the battery life and torque receiving particular praise.
- Some users appreciated the carry case/bag that comes with the drill, noting it as convenient and not bulky.
- One user highlighted that this model is a 20V cordless, compact, Max Atomic with a belt hook, which may be an important detail for potential buyers.
- Although one user mentioned a slight drawback regarding the inability to see the battery charge level, the same user still regarded the drill, batteries, and charger as great value compared to other offers on the market.
- Overall, users expressed a preference for Dewalt power tools, with one even returning a different item to purchase a more sturdy and powerful Dewalt model.
Critical User Reviews Summary for DCD708C2
- Several users complained about receiving used products that were advertised as new, highlighting issues such as greasy manuals and batteries that were manufactured in previous years.
- Some users criticized the drill’s lack of torque, with one mentioning that the drill could not keep the bit spinning when attempting to drill a hole in hardwood.
- There were frequent complaints regarding the chuck of the drill, with users describing it as too small, incapable of gripping work tools securely, and causing the bits to fall out during use.
- Several users mentioned issues related to the batteries. Some reported that the batteries do not hold a charge well, while others were disappointed that the batteries do not have charge indicators.
- One user pointed out that the carry bag just barely fits all the components, which can be inconvenient for some.
- In general, despite some users acknowledging the drill’s strength and compactness, they expressed dissatisfaction due to the aforementioned issues.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD771C2
|Ergonomic design and lightweight nature||Reports of the drill suddenly stopping working and warranty issues|
|High quality, durable, and long-lasting performance||Lack of value perceived in the drill itself|
|User-friendly, especially for beginners||Battery life does not last as long as expected|
|Long battery life and efficient charging system||Possible issues with internal parts, acts as if a bearing was out at times|
|Variable speed trigger for controlled power||Difficulty drilling into harder woods, tends to run hot quickly|
|Built-in light feature||Included batteries die out quickly|
|Good value for money, comes with a bag, charger, and two batteries||Soft bag is seen as an inconvenience, users would prefer a hard shell case|
|Impressive power, suitable for heavy-duty projects||Missing parts upon delivery|
|Carrying case is seen as a positive addition||Negative experiences with DeWalt’s customer service|
|–||Heavier than preferred by some users|
Pros/Cons of DCD708C2
|Good balance and functionality, including speed, torque, and light feature||Receiving used products that were advertised as new|
|Compact size, handy for various projects||Lack of torque, unable to keep the bit spinning when drilling a hole in hardwood|
|Satisfying power, with battery life and torque receiving praise||Chuck issues, too small, incapable of gripping work tools securely, causing bits to fall out|
|Convenient and non-bulky carry case/bag||Battery issues, do not hold a charge well, no charge indicators|
|20V cordless, compact, Max Atomic model with a belt hook||Carry bag just barely fits all the components, can be inconvenient|
|Great value compared to other offers, despite inability to see battery charge level||–|
|Preference for Dewalt power tools, with users returning other items for Dewalt||–|
In conclusion, both the DCD771C2 and DCD708C2 are high-quality drills from DeWalt that deliver exceptional performance. Your choice between the two should be based on your specific needs. The DCD771C2 offers a wide range of applications with its high performance motor and two-speed transmission. On the other hand, the DCD708C2 stands out for its compact and lightweight design, making it ideal for working in tight spaces. Both drills come with a comprehensive kit that includes batteries, a charger, and a carrying bag.