Overview of DeWalt DCD771C2 Drill
The DeWalt DCD771C2 is a compact and lightweight drill/driver that is specifically designed to fit into tight areas, making it an excellent choice for jobs in constrained spaces. With a high-performance motor that delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power, it can handle a wide range of applications.
The DCD771C2 is equipped with a high-speed transmission that offers two speeds – 0-450 and 1,500 rpm. This variability in speed allows for a range of fastening and drilling applications. The drill includes a 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck, which provides tight bit gripping strength.
Comfort and Control
Ergonomic design is another significant feature of this drill. Its handle is designed for delivering comfort and control, reducing user fatigue during extended use.
18V XR Li-Ion Battery Technology
The DCD771C2 features the new 18V XR Li-Ion compact drill driver, powered by XR 1.3Ah Li-Ion battery technology. This technology provides extended battery life, allowing for longer use between charges.
- (1) DCD771 1/2″ Drill Driver
- (2) 20V Max* Compact Lithium Ion Battery Packs
- (1) Compact Charger
- (1) Contractor Bag
The DCD771C2 20V max Lithium Ion Compact Cordless Power Drill/Driver Kit is not only lightweight and compact, but it’s also designed for working in tight spaces for extended periods. The high-speed transmission of the cordless drill, along with its battery and charger, delivers 2-speed variations allowing users to choose the level of performance needed for various applications. This kit also includes (2) 20V MAX* batteries, a charger, and a durable storage bag for easy portability.
|Design||Compact and lightweight|
|Motor||High performance, 300 UWO|
|Transmission||High speed, 2 speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm)|
|Chuck||1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting|
|Battery Technology||18V XR Li-Ion|
Overview of DeWalt DCD800P1 Drill
The DeWalt DCD800P1 is a professional-grade, brushless drill/driver designed to handle challenging projects with significant power. It delivers up to 40% more Unit Watts Out (UWO) than the DCD791B when using the DCB205 battery (sold separately).
This drill is compact, with a size of 6.37 inches, making it half an inch shorter in length compared to the DCD791. This compactness enables the drill to access hard-to-reach work areas easily. It features a 1/2″ metal ratcheting chuck for high bit retention.
Speed, Control, and Precision
The DCD800P1 is equipped with a high-speed transmission that provides variable trigger and two speed settings – 0-650 and 0-2,000 rpm. This allows for professional-level speed, control, and precision.
Work in Dark Areas
This drill comes with an adjustable 3-position, 3 Mode LED with up to 70 Lumens, inclusive of an LED spotlight mode. The spotlight mode features a 20-minute shutoff function, enabling extended work time in low-light spaces.
The DCD800P1 is designed to help manage and track tools at the jobsite. The Drill/Driver chip pocket accepts the Tool Connect™ chip DCE042 and connects with the Tool Connect™ Site Manager app for seamless worksite asset management (DCE042 sold separately).
- (1) DCD800 20V MAX* XR® Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver
- (1) DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah Battery
- (1) DCB112 Charger
- (1) Kit Bag
- (1) Belt Hook
The 20V MAX* XR® Brushless 1/2 in. Drill/Driver is engineered for professional-grade performance. It’s not only designed to tackle demanding projects but also built compact to help users comfortably work in tight spaces for extended periods. The high-output brushless motor helps deliver up to 2,000 rpm when drilling into wood and metal. The kit also includes a DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah battery, charger, belt hook, and kit bag for convenience and portability.
|Design||Compact, 6.37 inches in size|
|Motor||High-output brushless, up to 40% more UWO|
|Transmission||High-speed, 2 speeds (0-650 & 2,000 rpm)|
|Chuck||1/2″ metal ratcheting|
|LED||Adjustable 3-Position, 3 Mode with up to 70 Lumens|
|Tool Tracking||Chip pocket for Tool Connect™ chip|
|Battery||DCB205 20V MAX* 5Ah|
Summary of Specs for DeWalt DCD771C2 and DCD800P1 Drills
|Battery Voltage||20 V||20 V|
|Chuck size||0.5 in||1/2 in|
|Product Length||N/A||6.37 in|
|No Load Speed (RPM)||0-450-1500||0-650 / 0-2,000 rpm|
|Battery Capacity||1.3 Ah||5 Ah|
|Product Height||N/A||8.14 in|
|Product Width||N/A||2.5 in|
|Max. Watts Out||300 W||900 W|
|Battery Type||XR Li-ion||Lithium-Ion|
|Voltage||20 V||20 V|
|Product Weight||3.6 lbs||2.82 lbs|
User reviews of DCD771C2
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DeWalt DCD771C2
- Many users appreciate the ergonomic design of the DCD771C2, finding it comfortable to handle and use, with a good balance of weight.
- The included batteries are lauded for their longevity and capacity, keeping the drill running for prolonged periods.
- Users also commend the built-in light feature, which aids visibility during work in dim settings.
- The power and performance of the drill are consistently praised, with users noting its effectiveness in handling various tasks, from everyday DIY projects to more intensive drilling jobs.
- Many users mention that the DCD771C2 is a good value for the price, particularly when it comes with two batteries, a charger, and a carrying case.
- The drill’s durability and quality are also frequently mentioned, reflecting positively on DeWalt’s brand reputation.
- Several reviews highlight the drill’s ease of use, making it a suitable choice for both beginners and experienced tool users.
- The variable speed trigger is noted for providing good control over the drill’s operation.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DeWalt DCD771C2
- Several users experienced issues with the drill’s lifespan, mentioning it stopped working after a relatively short period despite taking good care of the product.
- The warranty service from DeWalt received criticism, with users claiming it was ineffective and did not cover necessary repairs or replacements.
- Some users were disappointed with the battery life, stating that it was inadequate for longer tasks, with some batteries draining within 20 minutes of semi-constant use.
- One review noted an unpleasant smell from the drill, which was reported to linger.
- Several users were unhappy that the drill did not come with drill bits, resulting in additional purchases.
- There was criticism of the included soft bag, with users preferring a hard shell case for better protection and storage of the drill and accessories.
- One user noted a missing chuck from their package, indicating potential issues with quality control.
- A few users found the drill heavy and difficult to handle.
- Some users reported that the drill was not suitable for larger jobs, particularly when drilling into harder materials.
User reviews of DCD800P1
Summary of Positive User Reviews for DCD800P1
- Users highly recommend DCD800P1, stating it’s an excellent and strong product.
- It’s well-built, typical of DeWalt tools, and has power to spare.
- The metal chuck is appreciated and believed to hold up well.
- As a tool used daily by professionals such as fleet engineers, it impresses with its power and durable battery life. It’s capable of heavy-duty tasks, like drilling into hardened bolts.
- The drill’s performance is commendable, with no overheating issues reported. Its compact size is considered great, although it might need careful handling due to the hot chuck.
- Users like the adjustable light feature and the drill’s robustness, despite its weight. The adjustable intensity and light placement add to its appeal.
- The long-lasting battery life and power are appreciated, making it worth the price.
- Even with heavy usage leading to eventual wear and tear, users find it reliable enough to replace with the same model.
- It’s considered a quality contractor-grade tool, satisfying customers and making them happy with their purchase.
Summary of Critical User Reviews for DCD800P1
- Some users reported issues with the wobbly chuck and noisy gearbox, which undermines the overall performance and experience of using the drill.
- Despite its compact size and satisfactory torque, the poor sound of the gearbox and the excessive runout of the chuck compared to cheaper models were seen as significant drawbacks.
Pros and Cons of the Compared Products
Pros/Cons of DCD771C2
|Ergonomic design, comfortable to handle, balance of weight.||Issues with the drill’s lifespan, stops working after a short period.|
|Included batteries with good longevity and capacity.||Ineffective warranty service, doesn’t cover necessary repairs or replacements.|
|Built-in light feature aids visibility during work in dim settings.||Inadequate battery life for longer tasks; some batteries drain quickly.|
|High power and performance; effective for various tasks.||Unpleasant smell from the drill that lingers.|
|Good value for the price, especially with included accessories.||Does not come with drill bits, necessitating additional purchases.|
|Durability and quality reflect positively on DeWalt’s brand.||Included soft bag criticized; users prefer a hard shell case.|
|Ease of use, suitable for beginners and experienced users alike.||Missing chuck from the package, indicating quality control issues.|
|Variable speed trigger provides good control over operation.||Some users found the drill heavy and difficult to handle.|
|Not suitable for larger jobs, particularly when drilling into harder materials.|
Pros/Cons of DCD800P1
|Highly recommended, strong and excellent product.||Issues with a wobbly chuck and noisy gearbox, impacting overall performance and experience.|
|Well-built with power to spare, typical of DeWalt tools.||Poor gearbox sound and excessive runout of chuck compared to cheaper models.|
|Appreciated metal chuck believed to hold up well.|
|Impresses with power and durable battery life, capable of heavy-duty tasks.|
|Commendable performance with no overheating issues, compact size.|
|Adjustable light feature and drill robustness are liked by users.|
|Long-lasting battery life and power, considered worth the price.|
|Reliable, even with heavy usage leading to wear and tear.|
|Considered a quality contractor-grade tool, satisfying customers.|
When choosing between the DeWalt DCD771C2 and DCD800P1, it’s crucial to consider your specific needs. If you’re looking for a compact drill that can work in tight spaces for extended periods, the DCD771C2 could be a good fit, thanks to its ergonomic handle and lightweight design. However, if power and advanced features are what you’re after, the DCD800P1 stands out with its brushless motor, LED light, and variable speed settings. Ultimately, both drills offer unique features that make them suitable for different use cases. Your final decision should align with the specific requirements of your projects.